My first book, New Workplaces for New Workstyles, published by McGraw-Hill was a big one. As a young, ambitious editor, I wanted to make my mark with the first book about telecommuting and alternative officing (remote and temporary corporate work spaces). From there I went on to write and edit more design books.
Publishers I’ve worked with:
Books I’ve Written:
- Ditch the Coupons: Save Money, Spot Secret Sales, Love Grocery Shopping…Without Couponing (Amazon, 2016)
- Serenity on a Shoestring: Achieve a peaceful and prosperous mindset by discovering the secret world of free personal growth resources (Amazon, 2016)
- How to Buy a Boat: 75 Critical Things You Need to Know Before Buying a Powerboat (Amazon, 2016, co-author)
- Dress for Less: Learn to buy quality clothes for you and your family (Amazon, 2013)
- Complete Lighting Design (Rockport Publishers, July 2006)
- The Inspired Workspace (Rockport Publishers, 2002)
- Practical Home Office Solutions (McGraw-Hill, 1999)
- New Workplaces for New Workstyles (McGraw-Hill, 1998)
- Pottery Barn Home (Weldon Owen Inc./Oxmoor House, 2005)-contributor
- Corporate Interiors No. 2 (McGraw-Hill, 1999)-contributor
“Marilyn was a reliable professional to work with who went above and beyond to research details for the book she was producing. She brought a wealth of content, both national and international, which made the title stronger. She was conscious of the budget throughout the process which also helped make the book process a success. Betsy Gammons, Photo Editor, Project Manager Quayside Publishing/Rockport
Books I’ve Edited:
The House to Ourselves: Reinventing Home Once the Kids are Grown (Taunton)–was chosen as the No. 1 home design book of 2004 (edited by Marilyn Zelinsky-Syarto) by Amazon.com — Writer’s Digest article.
“Marilyn has been both a cheerleader, urging me forward, and a stern task master challenging me to dig deeper for substance. What consistency of thought and meaningful insights in the text are the result of her patient encouragement.” Russell Vercaci, architect and author, Creating the New Old House.
Books I’ve Photo Edited:
Please visit My Amazon Author Page